Saturday, November 11, 2017

111117

Why has men's fashion become so unbearably boring to me? I'm willing to bet that is has something to do with the fact that designers send the same silhouettes and items down the runway year after year, except now those same silhouettes are produced by silk pajamas and sandals. 

Unpopular opinion time: Open toe shoes for men are gross. I hate them. 
 I can't think of an appropriate time for them, in any setting. 

You're at the beach? Well take your shoes off when you're in the sand and then put them back on once you've left the beach and your feet are clean. 

It's worse when it's in the city. I just do not understand it. 

Is it freeing? Is it the lack of effort that goes into throwing on some slappers that creates the allure? Someone clue me in here.


For the most part, men have scary ass feet... like... 90% of men. I have such a respect and tolerance for other peoples personal style, but this is probably the one topic where I will not budge. It's just unappealing to see.

I think that it honestly is that they're flats. If a guy wants to wear a pair of pleasers, by all means go right ahead. Sure, they might be open toed, but at least they aren't flats. Ultimately I think this all boils down to me not liking 'lazy' looks. LIKE THE GD PAJAMAS IN EVERY MENSWEAR SHOW NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you have enough money to afford a three piece leisure suit from D&G, maybe wear it on your yacht party on a Sunday afternoon instead of to an actual event. 

***

I finally watched the Christian Dada SS 18-19 show and I have one word to sum up my thoughts. 

HOMELESS!

The show opens with a man wearing a suit and flip flops. (please imagine my over the top eye roll) 
I hate this look. I hate business attire without proper shoes. The model is shirtless with some sort of a bohemian looking necklace.

The second model is wearing some sort of over sized tunic thing, but at least they put actual shoes on him. The next few looks are composed of bath robes, brown paper bag looking material, raggedy sweaters, and models dressed like Jesus. Bland, boring, all beige. No. Fringe all over the place. No.

There were some red sparkly pants, which looked fine without the fringe. And then the next few looks you can just repeat me saying no while pointing out the most ridiculous part of the outfit.

Christian Dada SS 18-19 

There was one look out of the entire show that I liked. The t-shirt with a  belt strapped around it with black pants. Totally cool, totally futuristic. Going into this honestly I thought the collection would look more like this. I was so terribly wrong. 

Masanori Morikawa has said of this collection that he was thinking of consumerism and captialism...

Maybe he meant that people will buy just about anything with the right branding...

No comments:

Post a Comment